AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea if Gerry responds to admin notices about accounts? Any other way to contact him?

My username (wrench) is inactive and I cannot get back on the site.

I see where the spammers (I battle them at another site myself) are bombarding his site with hundreds of registrations daily. I see how his inbox may be overwhelmed by them.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Assuming he still has it working the same way, you send him an email at DVArchive.org, he then sends you (what I assume is an automated) response which allows your emails to be able to be received by him. Once you have replied to the response email, then he can receive your emails directly. So, basically none of the email actually makes it into his inbox unless they are confirmed addresses. But, once you have been whitelisted with him, then you should be able to send him emails directly...

Henry

·
Registered
1,819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench /forum/post/17013532

...My username (wrench) is inactive and I cannot get back on the site...

I just logged onto DVArchive and your User Profile looks 'normal' - i.e. it exists and I can open a box to send you a PM.

EXACTLY what type of error are you getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench /forum/post/17013532

...Any idea if Gerry responds to admin notices about accounts? Any other way to contact him?

The last I remember reading is that Gerry is VERY busy with his business and logging on EVEN LESS OFTEN than he used to (from every few weeks to every few months).

If you can't log on in a few days, I'd be glad to forward a PM with your request (please post the ERROR message). But, even PMs can take weeks to get replied to...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried to login to change my email address because my old email had become a spam magnet.

Now I have forgotten my password and the cookie is gone.

Here's what I get:

Quote:
Sorry, but your password cannot be retrieved because your account is currently inactive. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.

When I go thru the process to obtain a password from the system, I never get an email.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench /forum/post/17016277

I tried to login to change my email address because my old email had become a spam magnet.

Now I have forgotten my password and the cookie is gone.

Here's what I get:
Quote:
Sorry, but your password cannot be retrieved because your account is currently inactive. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.

When I go thru the process to obtain a password from the system, I never get an email.
Reference from AVS Forum: Link

Thanks.

----------

Above sent as PM on DVArchive Forum to Gerry moments ago...

·
Registered
8,103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearToLand /forum/post/17015492

The last I remember reading is that Gerry is VERY busy with his business and logging on EVEN LESS OFTEN than he used to (from every few weeks to every few months).

What business is he in nowadays?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:

Sigh............

·
Registered
1,819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearToLand /forum/post/17022721

Reference from AVS Forum: Link

Thanks.

----------

Above sent as PM on DVArchive Forum to Gerry moments ago (Tue Aug 18, 2009 19:13)...

wrench ,

Was your "Access to the DVArchive Forums" problem resolved?

IIRC, Gerry read my 'Forwarded-from-You' PM within a few days, but never replied...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry to be so late in replying.......

Yes Gerry took care of things.

Thanks for the help from all concerned.

You're a great bunch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts