AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DVArchive has filled one 160GB drive, the D drive, and I want to start on a 120GP drive, the E drive. Under DVArchive Properties|Storage, I've inserted the path to the E drive under both Import and Local Guide, that is, I have set up folders on the E drive as E:\\DVArchive\\Import and Local_Guide. But when I start a download, the download fails out with the message "There is not enough space on the disk". From the FAQ, DVArchive should just flip over to the second location, but it doesn't seem to be happening. The same thing happens if I mark the D:\\DVArchive\\Import path as "read only".

Any ideas? The E drive has 105 out of 120 GB free.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
That's what the FAQ says, and I think I've even done it successfully, so no idea why it doesn't work for you. I assume you stop/started the software after the addition of the new path?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the same problem. Unfortunately I don't recall the solution, however I found the solution by exporting a two or three shows from the full drive and deleting them from DVA, thus freeing some space on the full drive. Then import the shows you exported and watch the free space on both drives.

If DVA checks for space at the end of an import, you may need to import one show back to the D: drive before it flips to the new drive.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Mark the Full drive Read-Only. This should solve the problem.

File->Properties->Storage->EDIT the Full diectory and mark Read Only

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. I exported a show from the D: location, marked it read only, imported the show to the E location, went back to the D location, marked it for read/write, and now I've downloaded several shows, some of which went to D and some went to E. DVA must have been waiting to be formally introduced ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.