AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have updated the VideoLAN plugin that lets you control video streaming from ReplayTVs with DVArchive so it works with VideoLAN 0.6.2. The previous version was only compatible only with VideoLAN 0.6.0; shortly after I released it, VideoLAN released 0.6.2, causing much aggravation to people who downloaded the latest VideoLAN and found that my plugin didn't work. If you have VideoLAN 0.6.2, or are interested in upgrading to 0.6.2 (video seems to be somewhat smoother), please get the new version of the plugin.

I've also added some new instructions on the web page for using the VideoLAN keyboard commands to control the streaming.

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Thanks antlers

My arrow keys don't move 5 sec and 1 min, but my page up and down move 5 min.

There's two small files in one of the zips on your site. I can't figure out what they are for: the xinedvarch_bin.zip . I dont know how to run them or whatever.

cow

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by icecow

There's two small files in one of the zips on your site. I can't figure out what they are for: the xinedvarch_bin.zip . I dont know how to run them or whatever.
Just extract the file "plugin_access_dvarch.dll" to the "plugins" subfolder under the VLC installation directory (e.g. C:\\Program Files\\VideoLAN\\VLC).

Remember that until DVA 3.0 comes out you need the patched version of DVArchive 2.1 off of antlers' site for this plugin to work.

·
Registered
142 Posts
For me, with XP, using the new plug in and vlc 6.2, my page up and page down move 22 minutes backwards and forwards. All four arrow keys move 7 seconds back.

·
Registered
198 Posts
My page up and page down move 5 minutes backwards and forwards.

My arrow keys always jump backwards to the same spot no matter which key I press

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cool8man
My page up and page down move 5 minutes backwards and forwards.

My arrow keys always jump backwards to the same spot no matter which key I press
Thats what mine does.

I think I'll PM antlers so the awareness is availible to him.

cow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.