AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i can see all my recorded programs useing dvarchivein the in the DVR explorer but when some one wants to send me a program i requested i get this in my mail "A user is trying to send you American idol, from 01/27/2004 but cannot contact your unit. Please check your ReplayTV ID in your account settings or your INTERNET settings on your home network."

I want to be able to receive and share. I have a Netgear Router hooked tp my 5040.

Simon

:cool:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
It sounds like you have not set up IVS correctly on your ReplayTV, your router, or both. I will provide basic instructions here. However, if you aren't able to follow them, you can probably find more detailed instructions by searching.

1) In the ReplayTV settings menu, you need to specify the port you want to use for IVS. Choose something above 1024.

2) In the configuration pages for your Netgear router, look for something called "port forwarding" or similar. You need to forward the port you chose in step #1 (TCP protocol) to the IP address of your ReplayTV. (Note: for this reason it is best if you have your ReplayTV set for a static IP).

3) Get someone to send you a test clip to verify things are working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.