Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

First post to the HTPC crowd and have a question I couldn't find an answer to in the FAQ thread.

Does DVD playback actually look better via a Radeon card with DVI compared to a progressive scan player output?

I just bought a Radeon 9000 for my PC and am tempted to connect it via DVI to my new Samsung HLM437 DLP TV for improved PQ.

But I'm hesitant to go through all the configuration since I'm not that savvy at editing my registry especially if there is not much benefit.

Opinions?

Thanks,

Duffin

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hi,

The answer is yes on all accounts. It is quite simple for your application. Give it a go first and see how you like it. Then you will keep it and after that your hooked. No more movies...just tweaking. :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
hi

my opinion htpc far better than dvd player,

think this way you will be getting more resolution to your tv than dvd player give out , better picture, better filters, better size screen , you could go 4:3 as far 640x480 and 720 x 480, 16:9 960x540 and 800x600,

all these resolution with more vertical line than any dvd player in market.

and you also still get s-video out video card.

if you have pj, you wanna play high resolution you won`t be able to get it from dvd player, that to avoid screen door on lcd pj.

but dvd player with 480 i or p you will see screen door for sure.

btw better sound . you could do analog, digital you could do that with dvd playe r. but htpc will give you better sound filters

more controll for sound and video

as far sound you will have pc sound control and amp sound control thats 2 controls

for vodeo you `ll have control over video filters as far as bright , vivid, theater, original mood based on your player, beside second control from tv itself. thats goes for pj as well,

htpc is worth it,

tweaking is fun , after while you `ll find your self set on a few resolution setting, no more tweaking.

dvd player don`t give you that,

then again

whats life without adventure:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.