AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any tips on adjusting the settings for optimum video quality. The manual only provides basic giudance. I have no idea how to optimize Chroma Delay for instance. I have played with Gamma and found an optimum setting and have found the True Life setting to make an amazing difference although I suspect it causes DVD read problems with certain DVDs if it is increased too much. Last night I watched the Region 1 version of Bad Company in DTS mode and it went berserk at the layer change. I had to turn off the power to get the player to work again. It also played up several times when I tried fast forward/reverse. Then I set the True Life setting back from where I had it - maxed out at +5 to the default +3 and it seemed to remedy the problem. I need to do a bit more testing though. So far I have had no problems with other DVDs. PAL progressive looks so nice on my Sony 11HT. :)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Bizarre. Anyone else have advice or experience related to this player.

I've asked other questions in other threads, but how does it handle layer changes in general?

My Sony is pretty quick; I'd hate to take a step down in that regard.

Any other glitches as mentioned above. Again, there may have been several firmware upgrades since the above post.

Further elaboration on Gamma settings and the Chroma Delay would be appreciated. I have a rough idea of what a Chroma Bug is and know this player isn't supposed to have it, but as for those settings I'm pretty clueless at this point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.