AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on how to hook up both a dvd-a and a sacd to one set of 6 channel inputs on a receiver. I was told a "Y" connector (1 male to 2 female) is the way to go. Anyone have experience in this?

thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
Don't do the "Y" thing. The DVD-A and SACD outputs will not like this. They are each made to drive a high-impedance input... not another output stage. Results will vary from bad to catastrophic.

You will need some sort of switching device. I don't know if anyone makes such a thing, but you could always build one with 5 dpdt relays.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Hi,

If I remember correctly this subject was brought up before and your situation unless you have a combi machine is not an uncommon one.

Please do a search of the forums with your question but I'll take a guess that Radio Shack or ICBM make an inexpensive switcher.

I have mltidisc (but entry level) players of each that I'm quite pleased with.

Fortuneately (only one that I know of) the Denon 5800 series recievers have 2 sets of analog ins.

If your players are only single disc it might be cheaper to E-Bay them and pickup a combi.

Anyway I think doing a search of AVS will provide some options.

Peter m.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Pioneer 563A until a more affordable one is out (I would love a 300 disk juke box type that would do both personally).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.