AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Philadelphia,

My newish Pioneer Elite DV-48AV won't play the music on my DVD-Audio copy of Willie Nelson's Night and Day. It sometimes loads to the main menu and will access the text/still chapters but the player gets stuck trying to play the actual music. I use the internal decoders and analog cables from the player to the receiver. I've cleaned the disc and still no luck. I've looked for a replacement copy but it appears to be long out of print and the Surroundedby Entertainment appears to be out of business.

The Doors Perception discs, Hotel California and Pet Sounds all play just fine.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Occasionally, some discs had compatibility issues with some players. If possible, try the disc in another DVD-A player to see if the problem lies with the disc.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
My Queensryche disc won't play in the Pioneer, but will play in other players.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had a Pioneer player ( can't remember which one ) and had to update firmware to get some dvda's to play. You may check to see if you have the most current firmware.

·
Registered
180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts4scuba /forum/post/15507488

I had a Pioneer player ( can't remember which one ) and had to update firmware to get some dvda's to play. You may check to see if you have the most current firmware.

My Pioner DV-563A had to have a firmware update to play some DVD-A discs. Had to ship it in for the update. I have since replaced that unit with a 48AV and have not had any problems with any discs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts