AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, a Denon 1600 is on the way from Crutchfield. A new TV is in my future (maybe 6-12 mos.) At the moment my audio receiver is a non-surround unit with nothing fancier than the red & white, 2-channel analog hookups, and I only have two speakers (a pair of old Kenwoods that I love).

My question is this: what, if any, of the audio features of the 1600 can I take advantage of at this time? Will a DVD-A sound any better than a normal CD through this setup?

And for that matter, just what is a DVD-A? A concert/music video DVD with high quality sound? Something else?

Please pardon this simple questions. I didn't see anything about this in the FAQ. Gracias.

·
Registered
802 Posts
First, you will love this player. Second, when you hook up the analog outputs (make sure they are the right ones, labeled I think as F2; multichannel labeled as F1, I think; check the manual), this unit will play DVD-As at the best fidelity your receiver and "old Kenwoods" are capable of reproducing. Enjoy it, sir. Oh, yeah, Go Avs!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shall I assume you have one of these 1600s as well? I'm certainly looking forward to mine.

So... what, exactly, IS a DVD-A? And they will sound better than normal CDs through me setup now? Why is that?

------

(off-topic: Go Blues! That being said, I hope to draft several of the Avs forwards in my fantasy league next week. You guys should have a crazy good offense this year... which you may need unless you upgrade in net.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.