AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe someone here can help me out on this. I am transferring some of our home vhs tapes to dvd using a panasonic e80. I am then ripping them to my hard drive on my computer and want to bring them into DVD architect and create menu's, chapters, backgrounds, etc and then burn them onto dvd. The problem is that I cant seem to figure out how to get a workable file into dvd architect. I can import the .vob file directly but dont know how to import all of them to create and burn the entire video. Do I need some kind of program to convert the .vob files into some other format or what? If anyone has experience doing what I am doing, the info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron

·
Registered
826 Posts
The best program I've found is from Pegasys Software. I believe it's called tmpgn dvd author. It will allow you to directly edit the file on a DVD RAM disc, then pull it onto your hard drive and write back to DVD-RAM or DVD-R as either an Mpeg or an ISO. If you've fully edited the ISO is my choice. Spent a long time looking at different pieces of software. There are others. But this one is $65, compared to $400 and $500 to do the same thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.