AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a RP82 tonite and proceeded to hook it all up anxiously awaiting to hear what "Hotel California" would sound like in all its glory....well the best I can do is LF and RF speakers to output any sound:(

The six analog cables are connected, 7.1 channel input is selected on the receiver, the Pana is all set up properly (Multi channel etc) but no go. I tried Queen "Bohemian Rhapsody" and and chose MLP 5.1 but again just the fronts...One thing tho...I talked with another fellow that has a RP82 and above the counter in the display he has nothing....I have a " B" on top and cannot find what this means...this is driving me nuts and I hope someone has some answers...Thanx

Yosh70

·
Registered
209 Posts
A Couple of things come to mind:

The six analog cables are connected, 7.1 channel input is selected on the receiver..

My receiver (Pioneer VSX 36TX) has a separate "Multi-channel" selection for 6 channel analog input. There are no 6.1/7.1 DVD-As, so you're receiver may be set to expect digital input. Double check your manual to see how to turn on analog input.

Also, most DVD-As have an enhanced definition STEREO track as well as 5.1. Make sure on your DVD-A setup menu your select "Enhanced Surround" or "Enhanced 5.1" or something.

On my DVD player, when I select Analog Out (as opposed to Bitstream or PCM), I get another window where I configure my speaker setup (which ones are present/not present). If you have a similar setup window, make sure all the speakers are ON.

Wonder if the "B" represents that you're playing the B track (something other than the DVD-A track?

·
Registered
272 Posts
On both my Denon and Pioneer I had to press a "multi channel" button on the remote to hear the dvd-a through the analog inputs. Check your receiver manual for info on Multi channel.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Press "ext in" on the remote. That should select the external 7.1 analog input.

This is for Denon receivers only. I don't know what kind of receiver you may have though.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I had everything hooked up and set correctly since I took it down to the A/V Store where I bought it and we figured out the problem....it seems the "B" on the display is for the RP62 and stands for bass enhancement therefore disabling DVD-Audio.....what my salesguy had to do is get the remote for the RP62 and hit "Bass" to turn it off and that did it!....no option for that on my remote! Wonder how that got there? :confused: (It was a floor model but not hooked up)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.