AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure this is the right forum for this comment, but when I purchased my Panasonic RP 91 last year, I hoped DVD audio cd's would become available so that the technology could take off. I bought a couple dvd audio disc's back then (blue man group, fleetwood mac rumours, and a demo disc), but there really was not much that caught my attention. It is now many months later, and I went to the dvd audio sites to see if there were many more selections, and there really did not seem to me too much of an expansion in the selection (a couple more here and there it seems).

Anyone have any info on future plans...........I see a couple players now are coming out with both dvd audio AND SACD capability. I think this is a good idea, since there seems to be a much better selection for sacd.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Theres going to be a big battle between DVD-A and Super Audio CD. It looks like the manufactures (esp. Sony) are pushing for SACD. Check out Best Buy, Media Play and Amazon for DVD-A discs.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a cyclical problem, because if they don't come out with a significant amount of music in the dvd-audio format, less people will buy the players, and therefore the technology will not sell well (as per sony betamax (which was probably a better technology than vhs, and as with macintosh vs. IBM).

IMHO

·
Registered
879 Posts
Give Steve Stevens Flamenco A Go-Go DVD-A a shot. What a great disc!!

Flexx

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand there are some dvd audios that are worth buying..........but I would really prefer if there were ones that I wanted on cd, that I could buy as dvd-audio instead, but the selection just is not there.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Read my 2 posts on DVD Hardware on post Defeating Copy Guard on last response on page 4 and first on page 5. Read that and you will now know why, I almost never ask for help in sound.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.