AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am looking to start building a custom TV stand shortly to house all my components and dvd's / blu rays.

I have been trying to find a site that sells drop in drawer dividers to store DVD's and Blu Rays. So when I get the drawer made on my TV stand I can put them into the drawer to hold / organize my games and movies. Ideally I would like something I can just put into the empty drawer and be able to house DVD's and Blu Rays.

If anyone has any ideas that would help a lot. I will add more pics and start a new thread once i get my design finalized.

Thanks,

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you are having some furniture custom made, why not ask the cabinetmaker for his suggestions or have it built into the original design?

But, I have seen some wooden dividers -slats- that you can slide up and adjust for different sizes. They cut a groove about a quarter inch into the side of the drawer and they slide into those.

It should not be tough to do for a cabinet maker.

Or you could probably find someting to work at HD or Lowe's.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am building it myself, I could make the slats, I just thought it would be much easier to buy some plastic inserts and just drop the dividers into the empty drawer. I make have to make something from scratch though, I am having a hard time finding drop in DVD/ Blu Ray storage racks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't know exactly what your looking for but they have something similar to what you are describing here flipworks.com

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tridas, Eskay, Racer713,

Thank you, That looks pretty promising. I will check them out more and hopefully get specs up soon for my plans.

Thanks again,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts