AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered an LT150 and need to order a cable for my progressive scan DVD player. The salesman at the company I am ordering the cable from said the cable will only work if the 15 pin connector accepts component video. I believe this is the case but want to be sure before I order the cable. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you look in the back of the manual for your LT150, you'll find a diagram for the Component video input cable.

I'm planning on purchasing a VGA->RGB cable and removing the un-needed pins.

If you're not comfortable doing this, then you should be able to purchase this cable from NEC.

DB

·
Registered
842 Posts
EASY BOYS! All you need is the VGA-RGB breakout cable and some BNC to RCA connectors. You just don't connect the black and yellow cables on the break out end. The projector will just see 480P and diaply it as component. You will still have aspect ratio / and color control.

THERE IS NO REASON AT ALL TO REMOVE PINS ON THE VGA CABLE!

Check for "New NEC LT150 Functions" and my name. I explained about the connections and so forth in the thread. The $1000 price drop a few weeks after I got the unit kind of stings!

·
Banned
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. I found the cable I needed at Better Cables. They have a cable for component out to 15 pin in they will be shipping next week. They said there would be extra connectors on the component end but the cable would work as long as the 15 pin accepted progresive input.

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Also check out AVcable.com, they have a cable for about $50 that will work fine.

I bought the $200 bettercables breakout in 8m length. Its nice, but I don't think its worth that much. The temporary one I made from $10 in radio shack parts seemed to work just as good.

And you don't need to pull out any pins....

-Dave

·
Registered
340 Posts
Another option is building your own with shielded Category 5 ethernet cable. Many people have proven that this solution really works. See MrWigggles' great thread on this. Most people have build HD-15 to HD-15 cables, but some of the later posts in the thread also describe success with RCA connectors on one or both ends.

This solution has several advantages over buying commercially available cables. See the list at the end of MrWigggles' first post. The most compelling for me was the thin form factor: it is less than 1/4" in diameter, which means that I can run the cable externally without ruining room esthetics. The other biggie is the ability to do "poor man's matrix switching"; this is #5 on his list.

- Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.