AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone i just recently bought a TV Model: WS-65315 Mitsubishi 65'' CRT. Well actually i don't have the TV yet. Its suppose to be delivered next Sunday. My question is how does SD stuff look like it like DVD's & Non HD Channels on DirecTV? This is my first Big Screen purchase. Long time ago i would look at Big Screens and the picture would look quite grainy. The glass shield always helped but it still wasn't perfect after that. Is that still true? Will DVD's & directv look a lot better on my 32'' toshiba (None HD tv) then on my big screen? Also will they look stretched or anything like that? Ive heard of people still keeping their old tv around to watch SD stuff. If thats true maybe i ought to go back to best buy and just cancel it before they deliver it. Maybe i ought to wait until more channels are available in High Def and just like any technology stuff will have came down. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh ya btw dvd will be hooked up with component video for the time being with progressive scan. DirectTV will probably come in on a S-Video cable.

thanks,

ncage

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
It really depends on the signal you get. I have Comcast HD and it looks great on my HDTV. The regular channels look like crap, but they look bad on our 27" TV as well. When you have a screen as large as 65", you're going to see the flaws much easier than on a smaller TV. That's just the way it is.

DVD's look great. Unless there's something wrong with the TV, DVD's should look very nice.

Anything that is not in widescreen will have to be stretched or watched in a 4:3 window. The stretching is not bad if your TV does a good job of it. They usually have a stretch zoom mode that looks pretty good on my TV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.