AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody knows a DVD player with DVI output that really works with my TV (Sony kf50we610) ????? Preferible under $300.

I know for sure that the Samsung 931 does not.

I will apreciate you advice gays.

Arungupta,

Maybe you are tired of this, but I have to say that your "lecture" about DVI was great (at least for a newbie like me), I am looking forward for the updated version.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Don't bother with DVI. I had a Bravo D1 and have a Panny XP30 as well as the same 50" GWIII as you. Because the we610 model converts the digital signal to analog and you can't input 1 to 1 pixel mapping due to the we610 native resolution there is little PQ gain from using the DVI input. I sold my Bravo to someone with a Z2 FPJ and on his system there is a large difference in PQ but if you get a good DVD player (Denon 1600, Panny XP30/XP50) you just wont see much of a difference on the GWIII.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I don't know. I do see a significant difference bet. DVI and component input via DISH 811 HDTV receiver on my GWIII. I prefer the DVI, which looks like it has less "noise" and hash on screen.

Even though the GWIII is not pure digital, getting rid of one D-to-A conversion in the DVD player should result in better PQ. I'm hoping anyway and will find out when Bravo D2/D3, new Momitsu, New Panasonic, etc with DVI become available...

·
Registered
33 Posts
GrassChopper-

That does not sound correct to me....If the GWIII does analog to digital convert through DVI then what is the point of DVI on the GWIII? The whole idea behind DVI is that it does not have to do the A/D conversion. Could you explain in some more detail...

I agree that there is nothing that can do a 1 to 1 pixel mapping, but that is an issue for the input device not the TV.

Stay away from the panny 931 because it crushes blacks...and all of the other off brands all have some significant issues as well.

I am looking at the Pioneer DV-59Avi, but the $1,000 price has me hesitant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.