AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Webel /forum/post/20869660

Yes, it can output a blu-ray to either ISO or to file structure.

I have the software and all I see is a format called MISO or something like that. What should I be selecting to output in this format?

·
Registered
13,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepmback /forum/post/20869631

Is DVDFab capable of outputing blu-rays as an ISO?

Yes, but I recommend that you not use it. I have had trouble with FAB making .iso. It is a two step process in which it writes to file structure then converts the file structure to .iso. I had more than a few FAB created .iso files that were corrupted and would not play. Now I only use FAB to rip to a folder structure then I use ImgBurn to convert the folder structure into an .iso. Has worked perfectly every time.

·
Registered
227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepmback /forum/post/20869831

I have the software and all I see is a format called MISO or something like that. What should I be selecting to output in this format?

To the right of where you select the destination location, there are two buttons, one with a folder icon, the other with a disc icon. Clicking the disc selects an ISO output. (Folder structure for the button with the folder icon).

For what it's worth, I only use DVDFab to rip to blu-ray folder structure, as my Dunes can read it with no problem.

·
Registered
76 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson /forum/post/20870256

Yes, but I recommend that you not use it. I have had trouble with FAB making .iso. It is a two step process in which it writes to file structure then converts the file structure to .iso. I had more than a few FAB created .iso files that were corrupted and would not play. Now I only use FAB to rip to a folder structure then I use ImgBurn to convert the folder structure into an .iso. Has worked perfectly every time.

Hi, Kelson. Another advantage to your approach is that you can configure ImgBurn to generate a Movie_Title.md5 file (in tandem with the Movie_Title.iso file). This gives you a concise means (~120 bytes) of verifying the integrity of your .iso files at any time in the future (using the command).

This can be reassuring if you are later suspicious of any hardware flakiness or platter bit-rot, not to mention an easy means of verifying the correctness of any additional archive/backup copies.

-- Uh Clem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.