AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get into watching HDTV and since I have an 18" LCD monitor that does 1280x1024 native via DVI it would make a good early canidate for me to start watching HDTV.

I know that I need either a PCI card or a DTV/OTA HDTV receiver, my question is though if I play a DVD in my computer on my LCD is it playing at the "best" of it's ability? And should there be a huge difference between me playing this on my LCD as opposed to on my Sony 27" XBR that is about 10-15 yrs old?

I realise that DVD and HDTV are not the same in terms of quality or resolution but I was hoping it could give me an idea of the improvement I might get.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I think you will definitely see a difference, just plug your lcd to your computer and play a dvd there.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK I just did a side-by-side and while the color's look more vibrant on the LCD, isn't this simply because it is an LCD? as opposed to a CRT?

I'm just wondering how dramatic a difference I should be seeing, I'm using "Lilo & Stitch" as my source, but I have Monster's Inc, Ice Age and X-Men that I could use too, (if it would make a difference.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.