AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure how to describe this problem as I'm new to AV but I'll do my best... :)

I recently purchased a Sony DVP-NS900 DVD player and Phillips 32PW9616 16:9 TV - I'm in the UK by the way.

The DVD is plugged into EXT1 on the TV, with a TiVo in EXT2 - none of the other SCART inputs are in use.

The DVD player is not region modded, it's as supplied from the factory.

Watching movies on the DVD player is fine, however certain material is causing the TV to repeatedly reselect the EXT1 input. Examples of such material are the "Making the Matrix..." feature from The Matrix (R2), the Director overview from the Gladiator (R2) and the TiVo Demo DVD. Note that both Matrix and Gladiator movies play to completion without this problem surfacing.

The EXT1 input is being reselected once or twice a minute causing the screen to blank for a second or so until it switches back to the EXT1 input. The frequency of switching is not at regular intervals, it's quite random. I've disconnected the TiVo but the problem continues.

My thoughts were this might be a problem with pin 8 on the SCART cable going low - it's definately connected as the TV will switch to DVD when a movie begins to play.

Is this a fault of the DVD, the TV, the SCART cable or just certain DVD material (since movies don't show this problem)? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.