AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to put my DVD iso files on a portable hard drive. I'd like to connect it somehow to both a bdt210 and bdt220. They r connected with car5 to my wireless modem. Where do I start? This is all new to me
. Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
Does your Panasonic even support that file format. Look up what file format it supports and search Media Player aka Dune, Mede8er, PCH etc. lots of I for in this forum just search.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Almost no mainstream media players from big AV companies support ISO and ISO cant be done through DLNA only network shares which mainstream media players dont support either, they only do DLNA.

If you want your DVD's to play on the Panasonic use VOB2MPEG or MakeMKV, these will extract the video from the ISO/DVD to a .mpg or .mkv container (same media as on ISO/DVD), Pannasonic media players tend to not support mkv so if output from MakeMKV doesn't work try VOB2MPEG instead.

For ISO do as GusGus748s says.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I have the BDT210 and it's weird. There are some formats it plays fine via USB stick but that don't work via DLNA or SMB. Then I wanted subtitle support and that didn't work no matter what.

I ended up buying some Lacie LaCinemas refurb for $30 that worked tons better than the BDT210, although they have their own problems.

I used mkv format ripped with MakeMKV for all my trials and tribulations.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Panasonic intentionally cripple the DLNA side of the media player, so it plays more formats via USB but not DLNA. It's a crazy thing Panasonic and Sony still do.

VOB2MPG is your best chance as MPEG2 in MPG/TS containers is mandated by DLNA standard so the Panasonic should play the file.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay. Thanks! Alternatively, how about i put my iso dvds on a hard drive with my computer, unlug it from the pc and plug it in to the TVs USB input?

·
Registered
858 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.costanza  /t/1489383/dvd-iso-files-in-nas-viewed-on-panasonic-bdt210-220#post_23715267

Okay. Thanks! Alternatively, how about i put my iso dvds on a hard drive with my computer, unlug it from the pc and plug it in to the TVs USB input?

You cant, ISO is not a supported format.

Use VOB2MPG on the existing ISO images to extract the video to .mpg containers, with luck the Panasonic will play the movie.mpg files over DLNA and if that doesnt work then try USB.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts