AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiance and I purchased a 725P to go along with our Hitachi 51s500. My problem is that on some of our DVDs the picture will "break up" (scramble) for a split second, sometimes longer on other DVDs. These movies used to play fine on a pos RCA player so I suspected the progressive scan was now extra sensitive to scratches.

If this problem is player related then I will gladly upgrade to the Denon 1600.

Anyone have any ideas if the problem is player related??

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
607 Posts
Well upgrading to the Denon 1600 is big upgrade.....But for other reasons. This forum can help with the differences between these two units. As far as the scramble thing goes. Progressive signal shouldn't make a difference on scratches and stuff. Before I had the Denon I had a Sony very similar to yours. I never had any issues with traking on my Sony. In fact I thing Sony is one of the better ones in that regard.

Joel

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
I'd say either the DVD player or your TV is defective with progressive scan mode. Try a diferent model/manufacturer DVD player from a store that has a good 30day return policy and see if it is OK in progressive mode. If the new player does the same thing on the same discs, then suspect the TV.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.