AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post but damaged goods (shipping) was discussed awhile back and like I say, I have nothing good to say about FedEx's handling!!

I posted a picture of an example HERE of my PIO640 shipment, and now another "masterpiece" which came yesterday, which was packed WELL with peanuts etc. but FedEx went to work on it! It was a 50 pack of DVD-R's.

Sincerely,

Urlee

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
What I don't understand is why people accept these kind of packages in the first place? & just don't refuse them.

When I used to receive packages with crushed boxes & etc I always refused delivery on them & I also refused to sign anything saying that I refused the delivery.

Now that both of my UPS & FED-X drivers know that they don't even try to deliver those kind of packages to me anymore & they just return them to whoever sent them.

My UPS driver also leaves packages outside by my garage every once in a while but at least he has enough sense to leave it off to one side so it doesn't get run over.

·
Registered
157 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1313 /forum/post/0

What I don't understand is why people accept these kind of packages in the first place? & just don't refuse them.

Because refusal has its own consequences.

The latest development in my Pio purchase (the fiasco that keeps on giving), a letter from FedEx came this week denying the claim: "no visible damage to the outer carton". I do not understand the need for a flagrant lie because I thought the issue had been resolved. USPS took a week to deliver the letter, they probably should have FedEx'd it.

The delivery that amazed me was a laser printer. A large 85# box, I expected UPS would destroy it, but it survived.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.