·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Very cool.

How does it work? Is there a physical transport of the disc to your drive? It mentions under "requirements" that you need to already have a 2x CD-ROM drive, so I assume that the discs don't run directly from the tower, but it doesn't go into that.

Anyway, the price is more reasonable than I have seen before.

I'm interested in finding out more myself....

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
It does look cool, but I think it's just a motorized case for media, not a jukebox or anything. Put all the media in, categorize it, select what you want out of it and it pops it out of the door so you can stick it into whatever player you want. It just looks too big for holding only 75 discs (vs something like one of the cd books that hold 100+ discs, cost $40 and you can stack 5 of them on top of eachother in the same space, but alas the motorization comes from your own two hands :)

-Trouble

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
sure is something I didn't know existed.

Milori, I would imagine that the 2x CD requirement is to load the management software.

I think this unit would be very useful for doing backups, and keeping track of CDR/CDRW discs.

And would probably help you out when ripping your CD collection to your hard drive. But I'd rather just make a huge stack of discs and keep working until there gone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.