AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the readme files on the drivers, I see that MyHD will play copy protected DVDs, but not in full screen.

Will it play non-copy protected DVDs full screen?

Will this be comparable to a progressive scan DVD player - or should I just forget about that feature - as I understand that it is rather difficult to implement wth HiPix also.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lescaudle
From the readme files on the drivers, I see that MyHD will play copy protected DVDs, but not in full screen.

Will it play non-copy protected DVDs full screen?
Not having the docs handy, I'm not sure exactly what they say, but here's what really happens with the latest apps (1.55.3 or greater):

For non-CSS-encrypted DVDs, playback out the output cable will be at whatever resolution you chose in the MyHD configuration.

For CSS-encrypted DVDs, playback out the output cable will be limited to 480p, and I think if you choose anything higher, you get a black screen, but I can't recall. It would be best if the app automatically set the resolution to 480p if you had chosen something higher, but I don't think it does.

For the overlay window, no matter what type of DVD you play, it will always display there, even if you stretch the window to larger than 852x480.

Quote:
Will this be comparable to a progressive scan DVD player
Probably not, because many of the better progressive scan DVD players do 3:2 pulldown for film material, which results in a better picture. The MyHD app does not do this at this time, although it might be a feature in a release down the line some time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.