AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I wanted to see if there were any ideas as to whether or not I have a problem with my DVD player that warrants trying to take it back and exchange it.

I recently purchased a Kenwood HTB-504 system that inculdes a Kenwood VR-507 receiver. I've run the coax digital audio into it from my Apex 500 DVD player. When watching DVD's there is no issue with the sound as the data gets passed along to the reciever and it does its magic.

However, when I put an audio CD into the Apex and play it there is a one to two second delay until the music cuts in abruptly and if I want to hear that second or two I have to rewind the track to the beginning whereby it plays okay until the next track and the pause & cut in. It occurs with both retail CD's and homebrew ones. When I had the DVD player hooked up to a Altec Lansing speaker set up using the audio outs of the player, no such disruption was noticed. Is there something the matter with the player? The player is set to output Dolby Digital Raw (Or is it the owner who's at fault? :p)

P.S. I know, I know, hooking up an Apex to the HTB-504 is like shoving a Chevette engine in a Corvette but until the settlement comes in from the insurance company arrives I'm kinda stuck with it :(

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.