AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Getting ready to perform another full calibration on my set as i finally have time to sit back & perform it from start to finish. I do, however, have a quick question. I will be using GET GRAY as my signal reference disc & i noticed that when performing CONTRAST calibration on my Sony LCD RPTV, the +5% BAR never disappears into the background even with PICTURE at MAX setting. The only way, & i know it is not recommended, is by upping the CONTRAST control on my DVD Player. Should i up the control on the DVD Player until +5% disappears? If not, how can i truly tell when my CONTRAST control is set to optimum on my display?

Thanks so much guys.

Carmine.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Do you want to lose the detail above 100% or not? I like the extra bit of image detail up there.

If you crush it out from the DVD player ... you will never get it back from the tv end. If you give the TV 97% of the image detail ... it will show you 97% of the detail and not a fraction more.

If you want to find the clipping point ... look for it in the TV ... not the DVD player.

Regards

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.