AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the Sharp for a while and am very pleased with it. I have done some of the tweaks described with the internal settings, etc but no filters. I have the Toshiba SD-5109 progressive DVD player and since this was one of the first progressive players, would a newer DVD player improve the picture any? And if I really wanted to drop some cash, would a video processor such as the NRS or a DVD player such as the PD-1100 really make a noticeable difference? The Sharp is projected on a 92" Greyhawk. Thanks for the input.

Reid

·
Registered
134 Posts
I go from a interlaced Sony DVD player to the PD-1000 (previous version) using input 5 (VGA) of the Sharp to by-pass the scaler. The picture is scaled to 720P. It's really day and night difference for me. I can't watch anything on my old player anymore. The old player does not have aspect ratio control, so can't "stretch" a non-anamorphic disc. The upgrade version (PD-1100) supposed comes with the function.

Check the DVD hardware forum, there is a player called Movi offered by AVS forum. I think it is a very similar unit compare to the PD-1100.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'd second the external scalar rec. though in my case its Radeon 7500/Sonic1.5/Zoomplayer based HTPC into input 5. Either my xbox or my Sony 9000ES DVD player look soft and fuzzy in comparison.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.