AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new Optoma RD50A DLP television the other day and hooked up my Magnavox Progressive Scan DVD Player to it.

I have been playing around with my DVD player and was wondering what the best settings for it is. I switched my player from S-Video to Progressive Scan. Then I noticed a couple settings I was unsure about.

One was called TV Type and lists PAL, Multi, NTSC. I do not know what these options are but NTSC is selected. Should I keep it here or should it be switched to one of the other two?

Next, I came across "SPDIF Output" where it listed SPDIF Off, SPDIF/RAW, PCM/48K and PCM/96k. It is currently on SPDIF/RAW. Once again if it should be on another settings, let me know.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Your TV is NTSC, so leave that as it is. The SPDIF should be on RAW if you hook up to a receiver that processes Dolby Digital and DTS.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Just to make sure, are you using a component connection? You can only get progressive output via component and make sure you've enabled progressive.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I do have progressive enabled.

I just bought an Onkyo HTIB and was wondering if there is anything in the audio settings on the DVD player that I should change to accomodate the surround sound?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I also have the Onkyo 770 HTIB and the S77S and was wondering what audio settings I should use for this player. I have done some minor experimenting and am not really sure how to proceed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.