AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont have my new receiver yet but I plugged a dvd player into my new crown xls 402D and then turned the gain or volume up a couple of notches to make sure it works and see how it sounds until I get my new receiver. The problem is, the bass is extremely weak. The mids and highs sound ok, although pretty bright, but there is virtually no bass almost like it isn't even sending a bass signal. It has a little bass but its very weak. Is this normal if you just plug a cd or dvd player into it without using a receiver or can there be something else wrong? My old receiver doesn't have pre-outs so I cant test it through the receiver.

I have RCAs (audio output on dvd player) to XLRs (input on the Crown amp).

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I assume you are just testing the amp to make sure it works. Check your wiring to make sure you don't have the polarity reversed. This can cause a cancellation of low frequencies.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2Photos /forum/post/15566151

I assume you are just testing the amp to make sure it works. Check your wiring to make sure you don't have the polarity reversed. This can cause a cancellation of low frequencies.

Yeah, I'm just wanting to test it. I checked the polarity and it was right. I even switched on of the speakers to be sure.

The power from the amp is definitely there. I can only turn it up a couple of notches and its getting loud already. The base is noticeably lower than it was when i was just powering the speakers through my old receiver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts