AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody played around with hooking up their DVD players with VGA outputs to the VGA input of the Samsung HLM437/507? Any problems with scaling, etc. via this input that you guys have noticed? How did this compare with the component input for your respective DVD player?

I just went down to Speaker City, as Gon suggested, and had a look at the Samsung DLP...VERY VERY nice...they were running Star Wars Episode II on the display, and it looked fabulous...I also checked out the Grand Wega 50XBR800 at the Sony Store in Lansdowne Mall...I dunno if it was the feed they were using, but the picture was extremely coarse...I was quite disappointed...I believe the same feed was goin' into a 34XBR800, and it looked wonderful on that display, but on the Grand Wega, it was just horrible...but I plan to go back again and see if they will try to feed something else to the GW so I can get another look at it...I think I might stray from my original decision to get the 40XBR800...although I hope these new technologies prove to be as reliable as the good old vacuum tube in the future...

Thank you in advance...

·
Registered
114 Posts
DuckMuck,

I'm waiting for my PB 507 and don't own a DVD player yet. However, as some of those with some current experience answer your question, I would be interested to also hear if they have tested and found that using the Progressive Scan in their players results in better or worse PQ than sending 480i dirrectly to one of the the Samies?

Any day now, I expect to be offered a free DVD player with each gasoline fill-up.

ed g

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.