1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
EAD; has their DVDmaster 8000 & 8000PRO

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Many Chinese players like Amoisonic, Sungale, Conia, Hiview, Himage with Karaoke functions have analog volume control, mute, etc. These players are easy to spot with their mic inputs in the front. There are many, many other brand names.

·
Registered
388 Posts
If your budget allows the new Meridian G91(?).

DVD, tuner, preamp in one box. also has

adjustable scaler with HDMI.

Jim

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. Meridian and EAD is way out of the budget. The Chinese players, starting at $109, are definitely in, but are they any good?

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
For progressive scan, I have a Sungale 8500 that produces a picture just as good as my Panasonic RP-91 and Pioneer 563A. I will admit to getting it for karaoke and its very low price. It plays ALOT of discs types and formats.

For DVD to VHS (macrovision free) recording, I have a Sungale 8200. It isn't progressive scan but still has a nice interlaced image.

Both players are manufactured by Amoisonic.

I have reviews of both players in Word files. Let me know if you are interested.

I have all players connected and in use: Sungale 8500, Sungale 8200, Panasonic RP-91 and Pioneer 563A to do and play everything I'm interested in. No one player to do it all yet for me.

For $110 or less, I feel anyone can't go wrong with making any of these Chinese players their second, third or primary DVD player. I've been using both of mine for just under 8 months without any major problems.

PS I also have a HiView AT-2003/5, which is also a good interlaced player, in another room.

Also, most of the Chinese players are Region Free out of the box or can be set so. I've been playing Region 2, 3 and 4 DVDs without problems, PAL too (with PAL to NTSC conversion).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.