AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a DVD Player and I found a local merchant (live in a small town) that has a Zenith 5-Disk Progressive Scan DVD Player with Digital DTS Support and Component Out.

I have a Zenith 51" HDTV, so I want the Component Out. This machine also has Mp3 Support and all that jazz.

So... Is Zenith any good? Have you ever actually tried one out and had problems with it or is this info just from Zenith's name and a story from a friend of a friend?

Thanks

Divert

·
Registered
404 Posts
The problem with Zenith and some other non-popular brand players is, nobody is really taking a chance on them in these forums. Plus, they don't have anything exciting feature-wise to draw people in. I think the tendency in these forums is to get what many other people get (and like), so as to make sure you've got a product many many people can help troubleshoot if something goes wrong. It's just natural.

I don't see this changing unless Zenith comes up with some really standout features or claims to draw risk-takers in.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My parents bought a Zenith (not sure the model number) but I can barely stand to watch movies when i'm at their house on it.

The load times are very slow, the remote isn't intuitive, and it has a lot of disc errors.

·
Premium Member
14,299 Posts
The Zenith 5-disc progressive changer uses the Mediamatics chipset. My parents have this player and a JVC. Picture quality is better on the JVC. The Zenith also had random pauses (similar to Philips Q50) on some DVDs. There is no reason to buy this over a JVC or Panasonic.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So... overall, I should be looking at getting a Panasonic Progressive Scan DVD Player?

Like this is what I NEED in the DVD Player:

1. Progressive Scan

2. Component Out

3. DTS

4. de-interlacing... i think, someone mentioned this but i don't know what it is

5. Something around 400 CDN

What I would REALLY LIKE in the DVD Player:

1. Mp3 Support, almost a given on all DVD Players...

2. Divx Support

Any suggestions?

Divert

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.