AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope you DVD experts can lend me a hand. I need to purchase a second DVD player which will be dedicated to use and playback of a DVD intro / intermission DVD from Digital Forge. The problem I ran into as I bought the Toshiba 2800 for this purpose was it auto shuts down after 20 minutes with a stopped disk. I need a player that can sit stopped and be ready to go when a chapter is called for. My Sony 7000 won't play a DVD-R or I would use it.

I need the following outputs.

Component -> Future use (I need to upgrade to a component switching PrePro)

S-Video -> Current use

Composite video-> Used to monitor player status

Coaxial digital out

Oh and I would like to keep this cheap as this will not be my primary DVD player.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

I ended up buying a Sony NS315. The autoshut down is a selectable feature you can engage or defeat. So far so good. Although I had to redo my remote setup since the NS315 uses the same remote codes as my S7000. Oh well that's half the fun, working out the kinks.

Jim Mc

·
Registered
726 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bitkahuna
RP56? It's pretty feature free so I doubt it has auto shut down.
I'm not sure if it does, but even if it did, the autoresume would likely restart where it left off, which was honestly my biggest beef with my first gen player of a different brand, which stopped the player after a certain amount of pause time, and forget where it left off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.