AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently cleaning out the storage area for our retired IT stuff and found a rack with a bunch of AV equipment. One of the pieces of equipment was a Kramer VS-1202 Matrix switcher which would be great for Managing inputs on my outdoor theater. It works OK but according to the documentation if the inputs have a common sync source can can switch inputs completely flicker free.

Is it possible to setup two DVD players with a common sync source? What would be required?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

The Kramer VS-1202 is a composite video w/ stereo audio switcher I believe. Well, to get the outputs of both DVD players matched, you would need a timebase corrector (TBC) on the composite output of both DVD players, and a sync generator connected to both of the timebase correctors. The timebase correctors allow you to adjust the timing of the video signals so that the sync pules appear to be the same at the inputs of the switcher, thus producing no glitches when you switch between them. If you could find professional level DVD players that have sync or (genlock) inputs on them, you wouldn't need the timebase correctors but you would just hook the sync generator up to the genlock inputs of those DVD players.

Of course if you don't mind a sync glitch when you switch between sources, just hook both DVD players up to the switch and you'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpenney /forum/post/14163928

I was recently cleaning out the storage area for our retired IT stuff and found a rack with a bunch of AV equipment. One of the pieces of equipment was a Kramer VS-1202 Matrix switcher which would be great for Managing inputs on my outdoor theater. It works OK but according to the documentation if the inputs have a common sync source can can switch inputs completely flicker free.

Is it possible to setup two DVD players with a common sync source? What would be required?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts