AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Theta is the only brand that has SDI out from factory that I know of.

Avs is offering SDI mods to some players, but you probably already noticed.

What I have been told is that you can run SDI over 50' without loss and DVI only 15' or something.

mag

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
" While Theta,Ayre have SDI I've been told that Theta was encrypted and would not work with a Vigatec".

Help.................Im specing this as we speak. Is this true? DVD is a Theta David. Thanks in advance. Doug

·
Registered
842 Posts
I didn't think Theta encrypted theirs. In fact, I thought that Key Digital used a Theta at CEDIA with their Leeza?

I know that Meridian encrypts their SDI card - maybe the source of the confusion?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Am I correct in assuming that "encrypted" means NOT usable with an external SDI-capable scaler and "unencrypted" means the opposite?

How much do the Theta, Ayre, and Meridian SDI DVD players cost?

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I emailed Theta and got this reply in June:

>

Hi Dave:

I believe that it will work with any scaler, but I will check with our

transport designer to be certain.

Yours,

Ed Deitemeier

Theta Digital

I emailed again but never got a reply with the answer. I decided to wait for a less expensive alternative,Thanks Tom;),so I never called to follow up.

Dave

·
Registered
282 Posts
Parasound has informed me that in early 2002 they will introduce their "Halo" series. the model D 1 will have a DVI output. A local dealer told me that he was expecting Panasonic to be selling an SDI out model by December.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Quote:
Does the s&w SDI card for the PMDT (which is encrypted) work with the Leeza or Dune?
The SDI card for the Meridian 800 and Proceed PMDT is built by S&W. It is encrypted and can only be decrypted by the S&W G2.

Vigatec has built an SDI card for the PMDT that should work with everything. Let us hope that they do the same for Meridian.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.