AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When watching sd cable from input 4 through my VCR I will switch over to input 2 where my DVD xp-50 is connected through component monster cable.When I switched on the DVD player a green stripe came on screen and I could see only a portion of the panny screen saver.I turned everything off and tried again and the DVD player came on with no problem.

This evening the same thing happen except it was an orange striped part of the DVD screen saver that came on screen and I shut everything down and started again and it was fine.I'm trying to figure this out since the first incident was 3 weeks ago and it happen three separate times and I didn't see this strange effect again until today.

Has anyone else seen this when trying to turn on their DVD player attached to input 2?I figure its either a conflict in the plasma or bad component monster cable or bad bnc connectors.This only happens when I start up the DVD player and once the screen saver comes up properly the xp-50 plays perfectly.I tried to reproduce the problem before writing this but I couldn't and I cant pinpoint why this is not happening every time I turn on the player.Any help greatly appreciated. thanks Matt

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I'm onto a lead as to what might be happening.Both my plasma and my Panny xp-50 go into standby mode when shut off and perhaps they are more compatible when both are turned on at the same time with the plasma coming on first?

The other thing I noticed was if I'm watching input 4 and turn on the DVD player on input 2 but don't have the input up on the screen when I switch over to input 2 the DVD screen is loaded up and all is fine.The problem comes when I switch over to input 2 and then turn on the DVD player and the little bar that says Reading comes up, the screen either goes to a green stripe or as of last night an orange stripe and I cant see the Reading sign of the loading DVD player.

If this were a cable problem wouldn't the operating player cause things to happen on screen while playing which Ive never seen?I realize I'm shooting in the dark for ideas here before I go out and buy new cables since the monsters are three years old but never showed any problems with my old Sony Wega and Toshiba player.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.