AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched but could not find where I thought someone posted having trouble with using a DL disc like I am, so I will have to ask here.

Has anyone copied to a DVD+R DL with the PIO 640?

Here is my problem.

I bought some Verbatim DVD+R DL, 2.4x up to 8X speed, 8.5G, 240 min discs, and when I wanted to copy a 3 hour 9 min, 6.5G Title, a message popped up saying: "The disc capacity is exceeded. The recording mode will be adjusted in order to fit all the Titles on to the disc."

Then it gave me the option to choose yes or no.

I checked the disc using the display button and it said, Copy list is 6.5G current DVD Remain 8.0G.

What the heck is going on?

The disc is a 8.5G, so why can't my 6.5 fit on it?????????

Urlee

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
If you put the disc in after starting to make the copy list, it may have initially assumed a 4.7GB disc. Try putting the disc in and letting it read it before starting to make the copy list.

It works on my 633 with DVD-R DL discs.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkart /forum/post/0

If you put the disc in after starting to make the copy list, it may have initially assumed a 4.7GB disc. Try putting the disc in and letting it read it before starting to make the copy list.

It works on my 633 with DVD-R DL discs.

I put the disc in first as I always do.

Then I click on the menu to choose Copy etc. etc.. but should I have waited 'til it finishes loading before I click on the menu button?

Urlee

·
Registered
455 Posts
My Pioneer 640 did the 6 movie Star Wars series on 6 DVD+R DLs during the recent Xmas marathon. Recorded in decent quality, 1 hour 10 min (MN) mode and high speed (2.4X) copied them to the DVD+R DLs without problem. Of course, it took longer than my normal 8X high speed dups to SL DVDs.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I've made about 15 or 20 +R DLs on my 640, with no problems. If it hasn't finished loading the disc, it will say so. You might try another DL disc, in case that one is defective. The only trick to DLs is to remember to pick a thumbnail from the first layer, or you will get the last frame of the first layer. It won't pick up a thumbnail from the second layer.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbawc /forum/post/0

You might try another DL disc, in case that one is defective.

I did try another disc and the same thing showed so today, I shall give it another try and see if and what happens now that the machine "slept" all night.

Urlee

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
YAY!!!!!!!

I am happy to report, IT WORKED!!!!!!!!

What I did different was: I WAITED until the word LOAD disappeared.
THEN I did my usual steps to make a copy to disc.

It took 34 minutes to copy.

I am a happy camper now and can get on with my Tape to DVR transfer.

Urlee "Grinning from ear to ear!"

·
Registered
455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urlee /forum/post/0

YAY!!!!!!!

I am happy to report, IT WORKED!!!!!!!!

What I did different was: I WAITED until the word LOAD disappeared.
THEN I did my usual steps to make a copy to disc.

It took 34 minutes to copy.

I am a happy camper now and can get on with my Tape to DVR transfer.

Urlee "Grinning from ear to ear!"

Congrats...

34 minutes is still better than REAL time recording...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.