AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, my dvd collection is steadily getting out of control and I need to upgrade my shelf/rack...

my current shelf/rack holds 250 dvds, and now i have dvds spilling out, sitting on the floor until i upgrade.

any ideas of websites where i can find a good quality, flat black metal or wood shelf/rack that would hold 4-500 dvds?

any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks!

·
Registered
645 Posts
 www.can-am.ca is a Canadian brand that has great looking and very versatile, large capacity and practical metal elements. They are similar if not as sleak and good in design to USM Haller, a Swiss brand that is distributed worldwide and that you will find in the chicest offices and homes around the globe. I would guess a 500 DVD shelf with pull-out trays and doors would run around $700. www.usm.com but on my screen the website really has not a good contrast so if you see nothing but white move your mouse around in the upper quarter and you will find a link that takes you to the English pages. Their furniture are much better than the website.

Personally, I use for almost all my media and shelf needs the cheap railing and bracket systems you find in the hardware store. They are easy to install, very, very versatile, height and width adjustable, come in different colors, are the most inobtrusive, can be outfitted with wood, glass or marble or whatever other shelf material you like and at the back of your room work as a really good diffusor. The only inconvenient one might see is that it's harder to dust them (just like any open shelf). If you anchor them well you can literally put hundreds of pounds on them (I already did around 400 lbs on single rail units and glass shelves). You can also paint over them and if you use glass shelves you will practically not see that there is a shelf.

Till

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.