AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not wanting to go the software/pc editing route to move dvd-ram shows to dvd-r I decided to try something different. After editing out commercials on DVD-RW and DVD-RAM, I have both the Panasonic E20 and Pioneer DVR-7000, I take them to my PC. I make an ISO image of the erasable disc and then burn that to DVD-R. Funny thing is they won't play in my E20, even though it will read & play DVD-RW as well as -RAM discs. However, the DVD-Rs WILL play in my DVR-7000 as well as my Panasonic RP91. The 7000 won't read DVD-RAM discs but plays them fine when copied to DVD-R. Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Thanks for the info, that was a clever idea on your part. As far as the E-20 not playing the DVD-R, this is not unusual; the E20, 30 and HS2 won't play any discs made with X-Copy either, and those discs play great on the RP82, 91, Sony 999ES, Daewoo 2500 & 3000 plus many other brands of DVD players with no problems whatsoever.

The president of DVD Jr. had explained the reason for this on an older thread.

Happy recording!

Peter M

·
Registered
785 Posts
If you're talking about DVDX-Copy and the HS2, I have a different experience. All of the DVDX Copy discs I've burned DO work in my HS2. I wonder why our experience would be different.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by btokars
If you're talking about DVDX-Copy and the HS2, I have a different experience. All of the DVDX Copy discs I've burned DO work in my HS2. I wonder why our experience would be different.
My experience is the HS2 will play DVDX copies to DVD-R but not to a DVD-RAM.

I have the Panny LF-D310 in my PC.

·
Registered
76 Posts
mrwilson, just trying to clarify what I read in your post. Does your E-20 read finalized or non finalized DVD-RW disks ? my E-20 won't read unfinalized -RW disks, I haven't tried finalized ones. What software did you use to make the ISO images of the -Ram and -RW disks ? What burning software did you use ? I am very interested in this.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Does your E-20 read finalized or non finalized DVD-RW disks ?
Finalized, I always finalize since my PC drive(s) won't read them if they aren't. I think my DVR-7000 and RP91 will read them unfinialized though.

Quote:
What software did you use to make the ISO images of the -Ram and -RW disks ?
I use DVD Decrypter but Nero should work too.

Quote:
What burning software did you use ?
I use the 'image burning' tool in Ulead's DVD Movie Factory ($49 but on sale for $25 right now). DVD Decrypter is supposed to burn images too but early versions made coasters and DVD MF always works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.