AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please explain the differences between DVD-R and DVD-RAM and any other format out there. thanks

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot C44335, the Toshiba site really helped a lot :)

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Steve I try to explain terms to another member rather than send you off on a URL chase. DVD-R is one time burn of a DVD-R disc usually for a movie or concert.

DVD/RW is eraseable, it can be re/written with computer Random Access Memory (RAM). I may own a computer but there is no reason why, I shouldn't learn what the terms are/and used for what purpose, should WebTV be discontinued! Steve I hope this helps you understand the terms better. :)

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Hob :)

Now for the big question do do think its worth it to get a DVD+RW for my PC? Philips has a DVD+RW for $499, while I'll have the money, with summer vacation approaching, I dont know if Im ready to jump into it or not. And plus the media is still kinda expensive for me.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I wasn't trying to send anyone on a url chase.

There is so much to understand, that to try to explain DVD-R, DVD+R,

DVD-RAM, DVD-RW & DVD+RW (and all five are different and not fully interchangable) I thought it would be eaiser to go the source of pages of info.

Check Circuit City for the Phillips DVD+RW drive, They have it and a Sony for $399.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really dont mind going to other sites as long is I get the information. The links C44335 provided and Hobs information we both very helpful. And thanks for the tip on CC having DVD+RWs for only $399!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.