Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man threatens to Toss DVD recorder

AP--When last seen, a man we shall call 'Slinky' was standing on the ledge of his 30th floor bachelor pad, holding what appeared to be a DVD recorder over his head and shouting epithets about missing chapter mark buttons, and hurling invectives at the "TV Guide people". Sources say that the DVD recorder was a relatively new Pioneer 633H.

Concerned neighbors tried to console the distraught recorder owner as Slinky inched closer to the edge. "I'll do it" Slinky kept yelling. "I am going to toss this @#%*& thing."

Local authorities were hurriedly trying to round up some qualified Pioneer technicians in the hopes of saving the recorder and appeasing the distraught Slinky. A Pioneer spokesman was heard to say, "We are going to try to talk him down by offering personal manual tutorials, and we have a crack research team who are going to revisit the chapter mark button and the auto record function. We unfortunately can't do much about the TV Guide system because of contractual issues." The Pioneer spokesman said the removal of useful functions from their recorders was merely an oversight caused by some of the technical staff deciding to take extended vacations during the late planning stages of the Pioneer 633.

In the meantime, the Slinky watch continues, and the whole world waits.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Squonk-thanks for the laugh. Good visual.

Slinky-at least you have options at home. At work, we all have had to work with equiptment we CANT toss out the window and have to work with for a long time......of course I LOVE to make fun of engineering because my hubby is one. I looked at his books, though when he was in school and asked him how they took the numbers out of math......so I have no idea how they seem to (stupidly) mess with what seems to work and make it NOT work-kinda like the Windows ME version on my old computer. What was that???

·
Registered
644 Posts
For the record, I would NEVER toss the DVD recorder.

Anyone who has seen Office Space knows that it is MUCH more gratifying to pulverize it manually with a sledgehammer or powerful blunt object of your choosing, including feet.

·
Banned
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CNN BREAKING NEWS....

A man named "Slinky", alias ilovehdtv, alias penultimate, is apparantly back on the 30th floor apartment ledge, this time with BOTH a Pioneer 633 AND a Sony HX715 in his arms, shouting something about being banned and postage stamps...authorities are investigating

·
Registered
13,240 Posts
For heavens sake Squonk, are you looking to get another thread closed?

He's gone.

Give it a rest.

Or are you determined to convince the rest of us that only half the problem was eliminated.

Just let it go and talk video.

·
Banned
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No Kelson, just trying to lighten it back up a bit. And another ulterior purpose--to show that what "S" termed "torrential abuse" was mostly merely poking fun at his trials and tribulations with his recorders, was not directed at him personally, and what started out lighthearted and humorous to most, "S" ended up turning into personal attacks, namecalling and obscenities. Just wanted to set the record straight and I'm done.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.