AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just order two 40 hour DirecTV Tivos and I want to buy a DVD Recorder. I am a newbie and I want a recorder with a hard drive, since my Tivos have small ones. I am going to record from one of the Tivo units, so the DVD recorder doesn't need to include Tivo programing.

I am looking for opinions of units with the best picture quality, ability to edit on the hard drive, ability to perform fast recordings (4x or 8x or faster), and ability to record while I am watching something else.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I think the Panasonic DMR-E100 would fit that description? I am not sure because I don't have Tivo and have never seen it in operation. My E100 can edit out the bad stuff, has good picture quality, dubs fron the HDD to DVD-R at 4X speed using 4X blanks and I think it will record while you watch something else but I have never tried that feature? I think this years E85 is about the same as last years E100 except it doesn't have a DV-IN port or memory card slots.

Dave

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
The E85 allows dubbing from DVD-R back to the HDD (though only in real time, no high speed dubbing FROM DVD-R). The E100 lacks this feature as well as the (buggy) online program guide. The E95 adds DV input and PC card support to the E85, making it similar to the E100.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.