AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased NEC 42 inch (VP4) plasma display. Other items I have are Denon AVR-2800 receiver, old Toshiba SD-2109 dvd player, sony vcr. I want to replace the dvd player with a dvd recorder. Budget less than $700. Things important to me: 1. Ease of use 2. Reliable 3. Good as player.

Based on my research I like Sony RDR-GX7. I do not mind paying extra 50 to 100 dollars if I it meets above three criteria. I am not expert in this area so any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
plsl, doesn't your NEC have a DVI input? I think you would be best off getting a player that supports DVI or you could wait for new recorders to come out with DVI support.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Buying a dvd recorder already costs a lot. Buying another player would just make it yet more expensive. That is why I want my recorder to be a good player also. I have the exact same toshiba player and it won't read the only dvd I made when I had a RDR-GX7 for a few days. I don't like that the Sony lacks screen zoom! But I still will probably buy it. Also another reason I do not want to buy a recorder and player separately is because it takes up too much space. I wanted all in one.

My situation is similar to this original poster's. And really I can either get a cheaper dvd recorder and buy a player for the same price the Sony would cost or I can get it all in one with the Sony. Mist likely everyone will want different recorders in a couple years. So I am not too worried about overusing the recorder. I am sure it would last long enough. I just wish it had a HDD and zoom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.