AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a toshiba 420 dvd recorder cant seem to figure out how to set this up could use some help. I'm using hdmi i have a hd dvd box and samsung 52a650 tv. I tried connecting it to the tv i get a picture menu but no tv stations. tried running it threw the hd box but no luck there either

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko1 /forum/post/18187189

I have a toshiba 420 dvd recorder cant seem to figure out how to set this up could use some help. I'm using hdmi i have a hd dvd box and samsung 52a650 tv. I tried connecting it to the tv i get a picture menu but no tv stations. tried running it threw the hd box but no luck there either

The Toshiba DR420 does not have a tuner so it must be enslaved to a cable converter box, a satellite receiver, or a CECB (for antenna reception) in order to record programming. (Your "hd dvd box" is probably a converter box or DVR that is prohibited, by US law, from recording to removable media, i.e., DVDs.)

The tuner/converter box S-Video output (a round plug with several pins) or composite yellow video output plus white and red audio outputs should be connected to the corresponding input on the Toshiba DR420. One of the Toshiba output sets should be connected to a corresponding input set on the TV. Tuning "channels" will be through the tuner/converter box. The Toshiba should be set to record from the input connected to the tuner/converter box output. In order to view the Toshiba's output use the TV remote to select the TV input that the Toshiba feeds.

Detailed connection diagrams are found in the Toshiba DR420 User's Manual and Quick Guide. The Quick Guide may be downloaded by clicking "resources" here:

http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/dvd/product.asp?model=dr420

1 - 3 of 3 Posts