AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not own a DVD recorder (yet). If I do buy one, it would be my primary DVD player in my front projection home theater. I only want to run one set of component video cables from the DVD recorder to my projector.

Here is my question. If I want to use the DVD recorder's TV tuner to watch broadcasts through my projector, will the TV signal travel through the component video cables to my projector? Or would I have to run another set of video cables, like a s-video, to achieve this?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Darren,

You should have no problems running the tuner from the DVD recorder through the component outs to your PJ.

Troy

·
Registered
89 Posts
You could run your component output from your E100 and component inputs for your TV and projector to your amplifier (if you have one) and let it do the signal switching. If you have the dollars, you can alternatively invest in an external de-interlacer device which can accept multiple component inputs and outputs.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hi Jeff,

But wouldn't the receiver need to have two component outputs to do that? I don't know of any receivers that have two active component outputs.

Thanks,

Bryan

·
Registered
89 Posts
The new Yamaha flagship RX-Z9 provides up to 2 component outputs but not sure if both can be active at the same time. In addition, it incorporates the Faroudja DCDI chip for progressive signal output.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You can check out Alpha Audio / Merdeka / Farle over at Sim Lim Square, KEC at Adelphi or People's Audio at People's Park Complex. All of them should stock the Z9 when it's available locally.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.