AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have OTA TV reception and want to update my outdated video equipment by buying DVD recorder. Any suggestions on a plain jane recorder that I can record some TV shows for the wife? It should probably have the digital conversion box built into it, because we are still using a 20 year old sony (it was free). My last TV was a 21 year old Quasar works in the drawer TV with a nice wood cabinet. That TV got me a lot of jokes.

·
Registered
11,660 Posts
Or you could buy a newer Panasonic and then your wife will need you lots....

Seriously in your case if you could swing the Philips 3576 or Magnavox 2160 I think that would be your best bet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok I ordered one from amazon. I was going to drive to a walmart that had one about 40 miles away one way, but the high temp tomorrow is -10 with windchills 40-50 below 0 here in WI.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
you remind me of why I left Minnesota and moved to California.

·
Registered
17,223 Posts
Bad enough here right now. -7 with a -30 wind chill.

I'd love to move, but I don't think California is one of the places I'd want to go to (no offense). Certainly wouldn't mind being there today, though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
everyone asked me if I rode my bicycle to work today, cause I usually try to all winter. I said no, I have played that game before and everything freezes. anyway I have this recorder being shipped on 1/20/09, so I can start taping Nancys notions and other wonderful shows for the little lady. Just checked and actual temp tonite is going to be -26 with windchills -35 to -45. this is portage wi

·
Registered
4,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitinski /forum/post/0

I'd love to move, but I don't think California is one of the places I'd want to go to (no offense). Certainly wouldn't mind being there today, though.

I am a conservative type--so I really dislike the political atmosphere in California. At my first opportunity, I'll be moving out of state. there are plenty of other pleasant locations to live that aren't littered with "nuts and fruits" like CA.

On topic, I expect the OP will be quite happy with the purchase. It was probably not too soon either, as these things will become less and less available. The only better ones right now are available from Canada or maybe W-I, and for more $.

·
Registered
17,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy /forum/post/15565424

I am a conservative type--so I really dislike the political atmosphere in California.

Tell me about it. We have our own version here in the city of Chicago, and no matter how far out you move, it just follows you and you can't get away from it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts