AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been many threads on this topic but I really can't seem to get a solid understanding of this when I read them all. What I would like to do is RIP all my DVD's to hard drive and play them with Thearter Tek player. Key points is that I do not want to do the conversion to AVI or anything else, just native format and exactly the same audio and video quality.

With hard drives so cheap now it would just be real nice to be able to click and play any DVD I want to watch. From everything I have read so far this looks to be a very confusing process. Is there something out there that makes this as easy as ripping a CD....?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Hi Richard,

My favorite process involves Smartripper, Ifoedit, DVDStarter and TT. I find this easy and flawless. Other options exist. For specifics, see this thread -
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...t=ripping+101. Focus on Bob Sorel's 2 posts for an easy and thorough explanation.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Richard

I rip my DVDs to my hard drive. I want the minimum amount of space used, therefore, I don't rip all the files. I use DVDdecrypter. I rip the main movie file, the 6 channel sound track and none of the foreign sound or titles. I rip combining files (I am not interested in scene jumping). I use Powerdvd to play a media file. Add the VOB file to the play list from the directory where you put the rip. I don't need Ifoedit, DVDStarter or any of the other tools.

Just rip, click and play.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.