AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received ten Opto DVD-R's from Professional Tape and Comm Supply. Burned one with Pioneer A03 at 2X speed with no issues. Also plays back in three standalones, Pioneer DV-09, Pioneer DVL-90 and Toshiba SD2150. Had issues with discs from CD-Recordable not playing back in standalones. These discs from Pro-Tape cost a bit more but no issues yet. ($2.69 in Jewel Case)

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
I note that Pro-Tape no longer sells Optodisc DVD-R.

Has anyone used their $2.39 noname brand DVD-R?

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
The real question I ahve is did it REALLY burn at 2x? The software will tell you its going to burn at 2x, but really burns at 1x taking twice as long as the time it gives before it starts burning.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Quote:
Has anyone used their $2.39 noname brand DVD-R?
Yeap. I have purchased the DVD PRO DVD-Rs from Meritline and have had great success. Only bad thing is that they only burn at 1x. However, standalone compatibility is what I am after. And so far so good. They play in the following players without problems:

Panasonic RP56 (Does DVD-RW too!)

Sony DVP-530

Apex AP1200

Proscan DIVX DVD Player

Sharp DV-710

I have an Xbox, but have yet to play DVDs in it. I will buy the DVD adapter today and let you guys know how it goes. None of these discs have went bad yet either. All I need is for Pioneer to engineer a 2x write strategy into the firmware for the DVR-104 with this brand of DVD-R and I am set and I am set.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
You results look good, but what I was actually wondering about was the generic stuff from Pro-Tape.com. See here .

Quote:
Originally posted by niggenz

Yeap. I have purchased the DVD PRO DVD-Rs from Meritline and have had great success. Only bad thing is that they only burn at 1x. However, standalone compatibility is what I am after. And so far so good. They play in the following players without problems:

Panasonic RP56 (Does DVD-RW too!)

Sony DVP-530

Apex AP1200

Proscan DIVX DVD Player

Sharp DV-710

I have an Xbox, but have yet to play DVDs in it. I will buy the DVD adapter today and let you guys know how it goes. None of these discs have went bad yet either. All I need is for Pioneer to engineer a 2x write strategy into the firmware for the DVR-104 with this brand of DVD-R and I am set and I am set.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Oh, whoops! BTW, the Meritline DVD PRO discs don't work in an Xbox.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Oops again. Seems they do work in the Xbox.

·
Registered
976 Posts
well... tomorrow i get "A spindle of 100 pcs Princo Top White DVD-R Media for Data 4.7 GB Version 2.0"

i'll put it thru the tests.. standalone.. xbox.. etc..

i'm guessing Princo is pure crap .. 100 costs $160

*shrug* version 2 :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.