AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried burning shows onto a DVD+RW to play on my ES35V but I keep getting the unformatted message. I've tried encoding/burning with Nero and Ashampoo. Do you think it matters what program you use to burn the discs with?

I also just bought some DVD-RAM discs but that doesn't work either.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackpaul /forum/post/17046565

I have tried burning shows onto a DVD+RW to play on my ES35V but I keep getting the unformatted message. I've tried encoding/burning with Nero and Ashampoo. Do you think it matters what program you use to burn the discs with?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

Repeatedly in recent years it's been mentioned that Panasonics are not as friendly toward the "+" formats, especially "+RW," as the "-" formats. This remains true even with the most recent EZ series models.

I own six DMR-ES35V, two DMR-ES30V, one DMR-ES40V, two DMR-ES15, one DMR-EZ28 and three DMR-EZ17 models, all functional recorders. I refuse to inflict "+" discs upon my Panasonic recorders. If you must use RW discs, use those of the DVD-RW format.

The DVD Forum, a consortium of equipment manufacturers, first recognized "+" format DVDs as an "official" format on 25 January 2008.

It's best not to use DVD recorders to play DVDs. DVD Drives in most DVD recorders are proprietary in design and very expensive to replace when the laser assembly fails. It's much better to use an inexpensive, but fuller-featured DVD player to play DVDs.

The Panasonic DMR-ES35V analog tuner equipped combo recorder continues to be an outstanding performer when enslaved to a cable company converter box or CECBs for antenna reception, or for copying videotaped recordings to DVD. (DMR-ES35V models were the main workhorses in my project copying around 5,200 videotaped recordings to DVD.)

·
Registered
50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigaDo /forum/post/17046953

Repeatedly in recent years it's been mentioned that Panasonics are not as friendly toward the "+" formats, especially "+RW," as the "-" formats. This remains true even with the most recent EZ series models.

I own six DMR-ES35V, two DMR-ES30V, one DMR-ES40V, two DMR-ES15, one DMR-EZ28 and three DMR-EZ17 models, all functional recorders. I refuse to inflict "+" discs upon my Panasonic recorders. If you must use RW discs, use those of the DVD-RW format.

The DVD Forum, a consortium of equipment manufacturers, first recognized "+" format DVDs as an "official" format on 25 January 2008.

It's best not to use DVD recorders to play DVDs. DVD Drives in most DVD recorders are proprietary in design and very expensive to replace when the laser assembly fails. It's much better to use an inexpensive, but fuller-featured DVD player to play DVDs.

The Panasonic DMR-ES35V analog tuner equipped combo recorder continues to be an outstanding performer when enslaved to a cable company converter box or CECBs for antenna reception, or for copying videotaped recordings to DVD. (DMR-ES35V models were the main workhorses in my project copying around 5,200 videotaped recordings to DVD.)

I'm happy you had such good luck with your DMR-ES35V . The laser went out on mine before two years was up. Thats why I bought my first 3575. I probably wore out the Panny with the constant time shifting duties that the Philip's now does.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.