AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a local dealer that has ONE Yamaha DVD-S2300 in stock, & he is willing to go $650 on it. It seems like an awesome machine, & he is authorized as well. Here's my questions. I have a Rotel RSP-1066. My unit is supposed to have some Bass Management "issues". Are these 2 components a marriage made in Hell? There is a new fix available that fixes the "double bass" issue on the 1066, but it means disconnecting 2 resistors on the 1066.

I'm using a RP91 currently, with a Mitsubishi WS-55511 HDTV. The TV is a lock in full progressive unit. I have a TON of 4:3 concert DVD's as well. Will the 2300 STRETCH all the 4:3 stuff? I really enjoy the way the RP91 handles these titles.

THANKS!

·
Registered
63 Posts
My personal suggestion would be to scoop up that 2300 at that price (very very good) and keep both players. You'll probably want to continue using the RP91 for non-anamorphic sources, but for anamorphic movies and high-rez audio (*gotta* hear the Dark Side of the Moon SACD), you'll love that 2300.

My two cents.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I agree with Dave. You'll love SACD on the S2300. I do have both the S2300 and RP91 and to answer your question, yes it will stretch your 4:3 stuff. That's exactly why I still keep my RP91, for the 4:3 and non-anamorphic sources.

You can't get much from selling your RP91 anyways and you're getting a great deal on the S2300.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.